Abortion Information Southern Maryland
We provide free pregnancy services and abortion information in Southern Maryland. If you’re considering abortion and you live in Lexington Park, Leonardtown, or Prince Frederick, Maryland, we are here to help.
Care Net Pregnancy Center of Southern Maryland understands the difficulty of facing an unexpected pregnancy. Perhaps you’re considering abortion, you may have already called an abortion clinic in Maryland. Take time to learn more about your options. We strive to provide you with objective pregnancy and sexual health education so you can make a confident decision. Learn more about your pregnancy and what to do next. All services are provided at no cost to you, call us 301-737-4604 today.
MEDICAL ABORTION (Abortion Pill)
The FDA specifically warns people not to buy the abortion pill, or the generic version on the Internet because it by-passes safeguards.2,3
You’re pregnant! There are many things to consider when evaluating your pregnancy options. With all the stress and uncertainty, you might be considering abortion. In addition to the physical and spiritual demands a termination places on you, there is also a monetary cost associated as well. It is important to know the financial burden associated and costs in your area.
→ Find out about Abortion Costs.
There are two types of termination, medical and surgical. Medical terminations, also know as The Pill or RU-486 can be taken up to 70 days after the start of your last menstrual period. Surgical terminations are done using medical instruments to physically terminate the pregnancy.
→ Find out about Abortion Procedures.
PRE-ABORTION SCREENING IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND
1. LEARN MORE ABOUT MARYLAND ABORTION LAWS
Abortion is legal in Maryland but with all of the recent and upcoming changes in our abortion laws, it can be confusing. Talk to our medical professionals that clearly understand the abortion laws and what they mean for you. We can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options. Call or text 301-737-4604 for more information in Southenr Maryland.
→ LATE ABORTION RESTRICTIONS
Late abortions (terminations performed after 20 weeks of pregnancy) are currently banned in Maryland, but exceptions are made in cases where the pregnancy is putting the mother’s life or health at severe risk, or in cases of fetal anomalies presenting themselves.
→ PARENTAL NOTIFICATION
Parents of minors who are seeking a termination must be notified before any procedure can be performed. Exceptions are made in certain situations, such as where a notification would put the health or wellbeing of the minor in danger.
1. LEARN MORE ABOUT MARYLAND ABORTION LAWS
Our centers offer limited obstetric ultrasounds free of charge. An ultrasound will help you learn more about your pregnancy and options.
- Do an ultrasound exam to date the pregnancy and check that it’s not outside the uterus (ectopic pregnancy) and not a tumor that developed in the uterus (molar pregnancy).1
- Find out if your pregnancy is viable. About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage but the actual number is likely higher because many miscarriages occur very early in pregnancy. 2
- Can you take the abortion pill? Before taking the abortion pill you will need to know exactly how far along you are and a few other things as well.3 We can help learn more about your pregnancy and if the abortion pill is an option for you with our free ultrasound services.
- If you can’t have a medical abortion, a surgical procedure called dilation and curettage (D&C) may be an option. Find out how far along in pregnancy you are with our free ultrasound services. This information will help determine the type of abortion procedure(s) available to you, allowing you to have the information needed when calling abortion providers.
All of our services are 100% free and confidential. Call 301-737-4604 to get abortion information in Southern Maryland.
CONFIDENTIAL ABORTION CONSULTATION – NO COST TO YOU
At your appointment, you will be provided a lab-quality pregnancy test first. If positive, you will be offered an ultrasound. A free ultrasound can confirm a viable pregnancy and estimate how far along in pregnancy you are. If you are considering abortion, an ultrasound will provide important information that will tell you more about your options. Speak with a nurse today about our ultrasound services.
Dr. Ejiroghene Onos
The content on this page has been reviewed and approved by our medical director: Dr. Ejiroghene Onos
It’s your right. Know your options.