What are my options?
Once you have confirmed your pregnancy, you have three options to consider:
Abortion is a medical procedure. If you are thinking about having an abortion, it is important to educate yourself on the procedures and risks. You may be facing:
- Pressure from the father or other family members
- Financial concerns
- Difficult circumstances surrounding your pregnancy
We will listen and help you think through your situation and your options.
The thought of becoming a parent may seem overwhelming or even impossible right now. Your concerns may include:
- I want to have the baby, but I’m afraid
- My boyfriend doesn’t want the baby, but I do
- My parents will be upset if they find out I’m pregnant
- How will I be able to finish school?
- Where will I live?
- How will I support myself and a child?
- I’m not ready right now to be a parent
We can talk about all these concerns with you to help you decide if parenting is right for you.
Adoption may be an option for you as you make a plan for your child’s life. You may be thinking
- I don’t want to have an abortion, but I’m not ready to be a parent
- I want my baby to have a two-parent family
- I want my baby to have financial security
Today there are many choices with adoption. You can choose your child’s parents and be a part of your child’s life if you like or hear regularly how your child is doing. We can help you explore this option.
*Care Net Pregnancy Center of Southern Maryland does not offer abortion services or referrals.