What are my options?
Once you have confirmed your pregnancy, you have three options to consider:
The thought of becoming a parent may seem overwhelming or even impossible right now. Your concerns may include:
- What will parenting be like?
- Will my boyfriend want to be a parent?
- What will my parents say?
- How will I be able to finish school?
- Where will I live?
- How will I support myself and a child?
- Am I ready to be a parent?
Every pregnancy, whether planned or unplanned, can be scary and bring lots of questions. We can talk about your concerns with you, listen as you talk through your feelings and help you decide if parenting is right for you.
Adoption may be an option for you as you make a plan for your child’s life. You may be thinking
- I don’t want to have an abortion, but I’m not ready to be a parent
- I want my baby to have a two-parent family
- I want my baby to have financial security
Today there are many choices with adoption. You can choose your child’s parents and be a part of your child’s life if you like or hear regularly how your child is doing. We can help you explore this option.
Abortion is a medical procedure. If you are thinking about having an abortion, it is important to educate yourself on the procedures and risks. You may be facing:
- Pressure from the father or other family members
- Financial concerns
- Difficult circumstances surrounding your pregnancy
We will listen and help you think through your situation and your options.
*Care Net Pregnancy Center of Southern Maryland does not offer abortion services or referrals.