Through its network of licensed medical clinics, Care Net of SOMD offers life-giving alternatives to abortion by providing a safe place where women and families facing unplanned pregnancies and related issues can find hope through practical, spiritual, Christ-centered support.
Care Net Pregnancy Center of Southern Maryland opened its doors in 1991 with a mission of reaching out to women who were facing a crisis pregnancy with hope, practical support, and good information. We believe that each individual is a unique creation of God and we desire to see healthy babies born to mothers who are themselves healthy and better prepared to provide a loving, safe home or make an adoption plan for their babies.
Our current free services include:
- Pregnancy tests
- Limited Obstetric Sonograms
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases (coming soon)
- Education on pregnancy and prenatal development
- Education on abortion methods, including the morning after pill, and possible risks
- Education on alternatives to abortion
- Maternity and baby clothing, formula, baby food, diapers and baby equipment
- Mom2Mom educational incentive program with classes on pregnancy and parenting issues
- Dad2Dad educational incentive program
- One-on-one peer counseling
- Abortion Recovery Support Group
- Sexual Risk Avoidance Education
- Father/Daughter Purity Ball